Christ Presbyterian Church | Read below to hear why I think this is the best church in Temecula...

Pastor Eric Landry


Church Website
Stars:
(
5 is best/0 is worst)
Worship 5/5
Friendliness 4/5
Sermon 5/5
Theological Content 5/5
Evangelistic 5/5
Facility 4/5

The church is currently meeting at Chaparral High School in Temecula.

I want to begin this church review by stating that I am NOT Presbyterian. On Sunday 11/27/2011 I decided to go visit the 10:30 AM service at Christ Presbyterian Church
On this particular Sunday Rev. Robert Recio was preaching. The title of his sermon was "Christmas and Creation" I was so thoroughly impressed with the sermon that I spoke to the pastor after the service and complimented him on his preaching. It was then I learned that he was not the main preaching pastor. I thought to myself, "if this guy isn't the main preaching pastor and he was that good then how good is the other guy?" So I decided to return on Sunday December 11th. Pastor Landry preached the sermon entitled "The Christmas Controversy" I was blown away. I have listened to A LOT of preaching. I decided to return today just to make sure this guy was for real and I just didn't catch him on a good Sunday. Once again I was amazed. When I hear a sermon there are usually several things said that I am not in complete agreement with. This guy nailed it once again! Praise God that he continues to gift men such as Pastor Eric.

The Worship
The service begins with a call to worship and follows a particular flow from beginning to end. Although it is liturgical Pastor Eric presents the liturgy in a fresh and informative manner that I have never heard before. I have never been fond of liturgical churches because the ones that I have attended seemed rote and wooden. Not so at CPC.

The Music
I also really appreciated the worship music. It was contemporary yet meaningful. It was also biblical and theological in content and was not repetitious in the least. There are two to three musicians and it is very conducive to congregational worship. It was NOT a rock concert! There were no one handed drum solos or "hip shaking" bass players. (I am so sick of that stuff). The music was done with humility and reverence which is how it should be done.

The Sermon
I have already touched on this aspect of the church service. I will add that the preaching is the MOST Gospel centered I have experienced in Temecula. There is a continual reminder that our only hope is Jesus and His finished work. We don't stand before God because we have been "good Christians" but we stand before God and have access to His throne of Grace because he has redeemed us and bids us to come on the basis of the blood of Christ. I need to hear this every Sunday and so do you. I have heard this on the three Sundays that I was present at CPC.

If you are looking for a church, do yourself a favor and visit Christ Presbyterian Church in Temecula!