Temecula Creek Christian Fellowship



Temecula Creek Christian Fellowship
Pastor Randy Ponder
Worship Service:
Sunday Morning at 9:30 am
32824 Wolf Store Road
Temecula, CA. 92592

Telephone: (951) 302-7933

Rating:
Worship 3/5
Friendliness 4/5
Sermon 3/5
Theological Content 3/5
Evangelistic 4/5
Facility 5/5

Worship
The worship was contemporary in style. There were a few songs that I did not recognize that may have been original. I got the sense that the worship style and music had been influenced by the Calvary Chapel movement. The lyrics were featured on a PowerPoint which I appreciated and was done with reverence

Sermon
The pastor mentioned early on in the service that he had recently announced that he would be leaving. He gave us the impression that it was decision that was not well received by everyone in the church. Given that context it is hard to say if the sermon that we heard would be a typical sermon on Sunday morning or a sermon that you might hear when his replacement is installed. His style definitely reminded me of Chuck Smith and he even did an impression of Pastor Chuck at one point that solidified my perception. He gave a message on communion that was about 30 minutes long. The content was accurate but I didn't sense passion. Maybe it was just me.

General Observations
The church facility was really optimized and they have done a great job with the furnishings and decor. I was a little uncomfortable with the Christmas tree that was about 10 feet from the pulpit. The people were genuinely friendly and I sensed that this is a close community of believers. I was also impressed by the amount of time that they had set aside on the calendar for fasting and prayer vigils. Theologically, the church belief statemet was basic and made reference to being premillenniel.